Manuals for Vented Loops
(anti-syphon vents, siphon breaks)
A vented loop (also called a syphon break) prevents raw water being sucked through the raw water cooling circuit, into the muffler and then back-flooding into the engine when the engine is stopped. The valve at the top of the loop allows air to flow into the hose thus breaking the syphon. Vented loops (also used in marine toilets) should be regularly checked and cleaned of salt and dirt.
Marine Diesel Basics 1
shows how to do over 140 tasks:
• explains all parts of the marine diesel system - fuel,
lubrication, breathing, electrics, stern gland, propeller etc.
• 300+ drawings, 222 pages
• tasks are fully explained with clear drawings and minimal text
• all tools & supplies needed are illustrated for each task
• paperback US$15.99 £10.99 €12.99
• ebook (kindle, kobo, ibooks, google, epub) US$9.99
(Please message me via Live Chat if don't find what you are looking for, or are willing to help other sailors by sharing a manual not yet listed here).