ensuring your marine diesel system is reliable and robust
Marine Diesel Basics 1
This book shows you how to complete:
- all essential maintenance tasks
- winterize for your marine diesel system
- recommission the system after lay-up
- 2nd edition – 8000+ copies sold
- 300+ drawings
- 144 tasks explained with full detail
- paperback, hardcover and spiral bound
- ebook – kindle, kobo, ibooks, etc.
- 222 pages. US$17.99 and $24.99
click to watch short video
". . . The best guide on the subject I’ve seen, this book has a place on every diesel-equipped boat. "
Peter Nielsen, Sail Magazine
Available in bookstores worldwide and
on Amazon, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo
The Value of this Book
My book treats marine diesel propulsion as a single system in which all the components – fuel, engine, lubrication, breathing, electrics, transmission, drive train – work together to reliably move a vessel in all conditions.
The aim is to ensure your marine diesel system is reliable and robust.
None of the tasks is difficult; time and effort invested in routine maintenance and proper lay-up and recommissioning help safeguard the entire system against sudden breakdowns, accelerated wear and catastrophic damage.
• all basic maintenance tasks of the marine diesel system – fuel, lubrication, cooling, breathing, electrical, and drive train (coupling, shaft, stern gland, strut, propeller)
• all the tasks to lay-up the complete diesel system of a vessel for winter (freezing conditions) and for tropical storage (high heat and humidity)
• all the tasks to recommission the diesel system before a vessel is relaunched