Your privacy and online security are important to me.
- No email or other information is shared with 3rd parties, except to complete a transaction you have authorized.
- Email list maintained by MailChimp and EngineMailer.
- Unsubscribe at any time from email lists.
- No advertising on the website.
- No "retargeting" advertising.
- if you leave a comment or testimonial on the site, the data shown in the comments form, your IP address and browser user agent string are collected to help spam detection.
- if you opt-in to save your name, email address and website (so that you do not have to fill in these details again) this information will be saved in cookies which expire after one year.
- if you leave a comment or testimonial, the comment or testimonial and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so that any follow-ups can be automatically recognized and approved instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- comments and testimonials may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
I endeavour to use the latest security software and best practices to safeguard YOU and the Marine Diesel Basics website from malware, phishing and spam etc.. Security steps include:
- website is https compliant - green padlock on the left of the web address bar.
- website hosted by SiteGround and operated through Cloudflare, the global web performance and security company (cloudflare.com)
- new security firewall Wordfence plug-in activated to strengthen the website's WordPress defences against hacking, malware etc.
- website's security status is checked weekly by Securi SiteCheck (sitecheck.sucuri.net) and posted on this page every Sunday.
Your Data Rights
If you have left comments or testimonials on this website, you can request to receive an exported file of your personal data, including any data you have provided. You can also request that any personal data be erased. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.