3 simple steps to make your diesel system reliable and robust
STEP ONE - Get the manuals for your equipment
Owner, Workshop and Parts Manuals are important documents that should be part of every vessel's library. They contain the detailed information necessary for safe operation, maintenance and correct servicing.
The manuals on this page are provided for public information and education and can be downloaded for free. All copyrights belong to copyright holders stated in the documents.
congratulations - by downloading these free manuals you are taking an important step towards making your engine more reliable and robust.
STEP TWO - regular maintenance
Simple, regular maintenance is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to avoid problems and accelerated engine wear. Most expensive repairs start from a lack of basic maintenance or ignoring small warnings. The work is not difficult - it just needs to be done.
The purpose is so that we can enjoy our boat for all the reasons we bought her. Trust yourself. Do the work regularly and be methodical.
Download free checklists here
Marine Diesel Basics 1
Maintain, Winterize and Recommission
• explains all parts of the marine diesel system - fuel,
lubrication, breathing, electrics, stern gland, propeller etc.
• 140+ tasks, 300+ drawings, 222 pages
• tasks are fully explained with clear drawings and minimal text
• all tools & supplies needed are illustrated for each task
• paperback US$15.99 £10.99 €12.99
• ebook (kindle, kobo, ibooks, google, epub) US$9.99
STEP THREE - keep a Maintenance Logbook
Keep a detailed and accurate record:
- all the work done on your diesel system - what, when & by who
- inventory of serial numbers, component descriptions
- early warning of potential problems
- time and details of any changes in performance
Use a notebook or use your iPad, tablet or desktop and record the information in an editable PDF directly as you work.
If you've every struggled to keep a logbook, this editable eLogbook may be exactly the help you need.
- "fillable form" PDF
- clickable checklists
- write, edit details of all tasks completed
- 40+ drawings to help inspections
- all common measurements with live calculators
- just $7.99 196 pages
"the Perfect Logbook" - verified purchaser
DI12, DC12 EMS with S6/PDE
2 MB file
D 16 Marine Engine
publ. March 2015
18 MB file